Charming Single Story Ranch on One of Orinda’s Most Sought After Streets!
This 2325 square foot single story home was built in 1953 and is situated on a level .26 acre lot just steps away from 12 years of school. Lovingly and meticulously maintained, this home is complete with three bedrooms, two baths, living room, dining room, family room and updated kitchen. Other features include Pella windows through out, professionally upgraded insulation in all exterior walls and attic in 2009, new hardwood floors in the dining room, new furnace, air conditioning and ductwork in 2008, Pebble Tech pool all redone in 2000, Elk Prestique 40 year roof installed in 2000, professionally landscaped property by Richard Matsutani with level front lawn, lush Japanese maples, gardenias, camellias, azaleas, rhododendrons, citrus and wisteria. Twelve years of school just up the road and within walking distance, top rated Del Rey Elementary at the end of the block, Orinda Intermediate across Moraga Way and award winning Miramonte High School around the corner. Convenient County Connection bus stop across the street accesses BART and beyond.
Offered at $950,000
– Exterior entry consists of an exposed aggregate path which leads to the entry and covered front porch graced by peaceful bamboo and stone water feature, picturesque Japanese maples, lawn and mature landscaping
– Interior entry has hardwood floors and large coat closet.
-Formal living room & dining room has newly refinished random plank hardwood floors, tongue & groove wood ceiling w/exposed beams( painted white), Pella dual pane windows, wood burning fireplace w/slab marble hearth & surround & large white mantel; built-in bookcases, 15 light French door opening out to pool & back yard entertainment area.
-Formal Dining Room is just off the kitchen, enter through double louvered doors from formal living room, new hardwood floors, Pella bay window, 15 light door opens to back yard and pool area. Café door from kitchen to formal dining room is great while entertaining.
– Kitchen has hardwood floors, Pella windows, custom select white birch cabinetry with Baldwin brass kitchen knobs, under counter pullout drawers and shelves, appliance garage, wine and crystal cabinet with upper glass paneled door and pull out beverage storage drawer, cream tone Corian countertops and ceramic tile backsplash with charming hand painted figures, built-in Sub Zero side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, Chambers double built-in ovens (black glass), Jenn Air 4–burner electric stove with grill, Bosch stainless steel dishwasher, large stainless sink with instant hot water dispenser, Pella window over sink with view to front yard, high ceiling, recessed lighting, Corian breakfast bar open to breakfast room, skylight with electrically operated blinds.
– Family room is a spacious open room with recessed lighting , new wall to wall carpet, brick wood burning fireplace with brick hearth and wood mantel, deep closets on either side of the fireplace, one wall of built-in storage closets, one wall with built-in book shelves and cabinets with Formica counter tops, built-in entertainment center with book shelves and cabinets, desk, Pella sliding door opens to patio and pool area.
-Laundry/pantry/utility room off kitchen with hardwood floors, custom cabinetry, pantry with pull out shelves, electric dryer, newer washer (2008), Pella window.
-Master bedroom has new wall-to wall carpet (hardwood underneath), double closets with organizers, louvered shutter closet doors, dual pane Pella windows with view to front yard and plantation shutter window coverings. The master bath has walnut cabinetry with Corian counter top and Sherle Wagner porcelain basin with 24kt. Gold plated basin fixtures and accessories, stall shower with ceramic tile walls and floor.
– Bedroom two has hardwood flooring, wide plank tongue and groove natural wood ceiling with exposed beams, deep closet, Pella windows w/view into front yard and side yard.
– Bedroom three has new wall-to wall carpet (hardwood underneath), deep closet with organizers and built-in drawers, double wood doors on closets, dual pane Pella windows.
– Hallway bath has marble tile floors, white vanity cabinet, Corian integrated counter top/sink with Phylrich 24 kt. Gold plated and 24% lead crystal basin fixtures, spa tub with brass fixtures and marble tub enclosure walls, crown molding, wood shutter window covering Pella window and large plate mirror over sink.
Other features of this home:
– Oversized two car attached garage with ample storage. Large driveway with extra parking.
– 2325 square feet, three bedrooms, 2 baths, .26 acre level lot. Built in 1953. Gutter guards on all gutters & downspouts are tied into drainage system.
– Professionally upgraded insulation blown in all exterior walls and the attic in 2009.
– Stucco exterior, professionally painted in 2005. 40 year Composition Elk Prestique Plus Roof installed in 2000.
– Dual pane Pella windows and doors throughout, south facing windows and doors are all low E glass, with snap– out grids for more open look if preferred.
– Security alarm system with door chimes when opened and wired-in smoke detectors to Brinks. Attic storage has pull down stairs, is floored over with plywood and has lights. Newly upgraded electrical service in 2004. New forced air heat and new central air conditioning and ductwork 2008.
– Professionally landscaped front, side and back yard by Richard Matsutani and company, automatic sprinklers, garden lights, exposed aggregate patio in backyard, lush landscaping with gardenias, camellias, azaleas, rhododendrons, citrus, wisteria and maples.
– Pebble Tech surface in 2000 on the heated in-ground gunite swimming pool completely rebuilt (new plumbing, decking, heater, filter, electric pool safety cover and Pebble Tech surface in 2000)
– Beautiful level front lawn with mature trees in neighborhood setting, private lovely creek-side setting (rip-rapped in 1985 by Ned Clyde engineers) with mature trees and all fenced back yard.
– Lovingly and meticulously cared for by current owner and previous owner (previous owner lived here for 52 years).
-12 years of school are just steps away, path to the Del Rey elementary at the end of the street, Miramonte High School football field just around the corner and OIS intermediate school across Moraga way and couple of blocks up the road. County Connection Bus stop to BART very close by.