Custom Orinda Retreat on Exquisite Private 2.14 acre Lot with a View.
This custom 3652 square foot five bedroom, three and a half bath home is situated on a 2.14 acre lot and has been lovingly updated through out the years. Built in 1988 recent updates include a state of the art kitchen featuring a Sub Zero stainless refrigerator/freezer, Bosch stainless dishwasher, GE Monogram compactor, Dacor five burner stainless range, slab granite counter top and walk in panty. Other amenities include an updated master suite bath and hall bath, updated powder room, temperature controlled wine closet, hardwood floors, new carpet , whole house fan and a separate apartment w/updated kitchen over the 2 car garage that is currently leased for $1100 per month (lease is month to month and the tenant would love to stay). The grounds are spectacular, with walking paths, outdoor barbecue area, level areas for play and relaxation. Oaks, Manzanita and lush foliage are all enjoyed from the expansive wrap around porch. This secluded Orinda location also boasts top schools including Del Rey Elementary, Orinda Intermediate and Miramonte High School. Miramonte is one of the top high school districts in the state of California.
* Entry has a rarely found covered wrap around front porch shaded by three lacy maple trees.
* Foyer is entered through double front doors and has hardwood floors, crown molding, coat closet, stairs up to upper level and bedrooms, refrigerated wine closet with etched glass door at the end of the foyer.
* Formal living room is a spacious bright room with hardwood floors, stone wood burning fireplace with raised hearth and gas starter, crown molding, recessed lighting, sliding door opens onto large deck in wooded setting with double 10 light French doors opening to the formal dining room.
* Formal dining room has hardwood floors, crown molding and tray ceiling with molding, built in white buffet/china cabinet with slab granite counter top and pass thru opening to living room and a black wrought iron hanging fixture. Pocket door opens to the family room and a sliding door opens to the back yard deck with built in seating benches. A large picture window has a view into a gnarled oak tree and stone lined foot path thru trees to the back lot.
* Kitchen/family room has hardwood floors, white cabinetry with slab granite countertops, recessed lighting, built in sub zero stainless refrigerator/freezer, Bosch stainless dishwasher, GE Monogram stainless trash compactor, Kitchen Aid built in stainless double ovens with convection feature, Oster counter top stainless microwave oven and double stainless sinks. Also featured are a large garden window over sinks, an island with slab granite counter top, Dacor 5 burner stainless range and storage, a walk in pantry, breakfast bar with slab granite counter top and storage cabinets below with three modern pendants lights above.
* Breakfast nook has built in banquette with storage drawers below and a large garden window above w/view into trees.
* Family room is open to the kitchen and has a natural stone tile floor, gas log fireplace with tile surround, two built in stereo speakers, French doors open onto back yard decks with built in grill , outdoor entertaining area set in a tranquil setting among magnificent oaks and nature paths through back the back lot.
* Laundry room is left of the entry and has white cabinetry and a Kenmore HE3 front load washer and dryer.
* Powder room has a white pedestal sink, pendant lighting fixture over sink & travertine tile floor.
* Master bedroom has new wall to wall carpet, high ceilings and recessed lighting, panoramic view of oak tree tops and hills, sliding glass door out to private deck.
* Master bath is a split bath with vanity area with wall to wall carpet, large closet with sliding mirrored doors and walk in closet, updated with ceramic tile floor, natural wood cabinetry with dual stainless steel sinks and solid surface countertops, contemporary sconce lighting and skylight, spa tup with jets, picture window over tub with view into trees, pocket door to ceramic tiled stall shower with bench and dual shower heads and water closet.
* Bedroom two has new wall to wall carpet, sliding wood closet doors & sliding glass door to deck w/views of tree tops & hills.
* Hall bath has ceramic tile floor, tub with shower & ceramic tiled shower walls, dark wood cabinetry w/slab quartz countertops & two stainless steel sinks. A custom contemporary lighting fixture over sinks w/separate water closet.
* Bedroom three has new wall to wall carpet, closet with mirrored closet doors and organizers, sliding glass door opens to deck, picture window with view into oak tree and stone lined foot paths.
* Bedroom four has new wall to wall carpet, walk in closet and a window with view into wooded back lot.
In-Law Studio Apartment:
* Kitchen has hardwood floors, recessed lighting, white cabinetry w/slab granite countertops, Frigidaire stainless refrigerator/freezer, electric four burner range w/self clean oven, stainless sink, breakfast bar and two closets.
* Living area has off white wall to wall carpet, mirrored sliding closet doors, wall furnace, ceiling fan, two sliding glass doors open onto deck with panoramic views of hills and trees.
* Full bath has sheet vinyl flooring, wood cabinetry w/laminate counter top & single sink & all in one molded tub & shower.
Exterior and Grounds:
* Exceptional setting among beautiful oaks and manzanitas with foot paths, meandering throughout the 2.14 acre lot, decks and outdoor built in cook area with grill and extra countertop gas burner.
* Built in 1988, 3652 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths on a 2.14 acre oak studded lot with a view. This includes the apartment which is currently leased for $1100 per month and is on a month to month lease. The tenant would like to stay but will move if asked.
* Wood sided exterior, composition shingle roof, dual pane windows, two zone forced air gas heat and central air conditioning, fire alarm and fire sprinkler system., automatic landscape sprinklers
* Two car detached garage with in law unit above
* Top schools include Del Rey Elementary, Orinda Intermediate and Miramonte High School